Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Oatmeal & Raisin Cookies



I love Oatmeal Raisin cookies, ever since I was little. Recently every time I pop into the Caffe Nero down the road from my classes, I see Oatmeal Raisin cookies on display just tempting me to have one. I've bought them before they're good however a little pricey for a cookie.
I was really craving them one day and decided, Hey, I'm gonna bake some of these bad boys, so I found this amazing recipe from Joy of Baking, and they taste amazing, my grandmother has actually demanded I make more haha

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup (205 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup (65 grams) granulated white sugar
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon (5 grams)baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon (5 grams) kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon (1 gram) ground cinnamon (optional)
  • 3 cups (260 grams) old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup (140 grams) dark or golden raisins


Method:
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. 
In a mixer or bowl, beat the butter until smooth, add the brown and white sugars and beat until creamy and smooth. Add one egg, beat until it's mixed into the batter and then add in the second egg, along with the vanilla extract. 
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Add this mixture to the batter and beat until incorporated then stir in the rolled oats and raisins.
Add the mixture to the trays, (I'd spread them out and flatten them, they expand quite a bit) and bake the cookies for about 14 -16 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through the baking time. The cookies are done when golden brown around the edges but still a little soft in the centre. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before tucking in everyone knows these taste their best when still warm!

*taken from Joy of Baking


No comments:

Post a Comment